There’s a free 1-day trial so there’s no reason not to take a look!
Do you know everything there is to know about golf superstar Tiger Woods? Let’s see:
- What is Tiger Woods real first name? Here’s the answer
- How many Masters Championships has Tiger Woods won? Here’s the answer
- The youngest and oldest golfers ever to win the Masters Tournament are the same person! In 1963 and at age 23, Jack Nicklaus became the youngest golfer to win the Masters. He became the tournament’s oldest winner when he won it for the sixth time in 1986 at age 46.
- An American named Ab Smith coined the term “birdie” in 1899. Thrilled with his performance, he said it was a “bird of a shot.”
- Golf balls travel significantly farther in hot weather. The warmer the ball is, the more resilient the rubber becomes. A warmer golf ball has more elasticity, which causes the ball to leave the club with more force.
- With the notable exception of time-based racing games, golf is the only professionally played sport in which the lowest score wins.
- The longest ever pro golf drive was made in 1974 by Mike Austin. It traveled a monstrous 515 yards!
- Similarly, the longest putt ever was a whopping 125 yards. Fergus Muir sank that one in 2001 on the Eden Course in Scotland.
- A regulation golf ball has 336 dimples.
- The youngest golfer to ever sink a hole-in-one was from right here in Littleton, Colorado. His name is Coby Orr and he made the historic shot in 1975 at only five years old.
- The word “golf” does NOT stand for “gentlemen only, ladies forbidden.” That is an internet myth. In fact, about 23% of professional golfers are female.
- Golf is very good exercise. A 175-pound man can burn 460 calories if he carries his clubs during an hour of play. On a nine-hole course, he can end up walking almost 2.5 miles.
Full credit for these facts:
You’ve bought new golf shoes, golf balls, golf clubs and golf tees. You’ve got the makings of a great golf vacation. But which golf course should you choose to play at?
Let the GolfDay mobile golf app get your there!
Visit GolfDay.us to get the details on how easy it will be!
Are you looking to test your skills at a more challenging golf course? Then you need to find out where they are. The GolfDay mobile app will help get you there.
You can book your tee times from within the app, get the golf course details, directions, and local course weather.
You can find the GolfDay mobile golf app on both the iTunes Store and on Google Play. You can also get more detailed information about all the GolfDay offerings by visiting golfday.us
Spend more time golfing!
Looking for the most accurate Golf Course Information in NJ? You most definitely need GolfDay NJ!
Find golf course names and addresses, book tee times, get directions, get local course weather and links to the course websites to name only a few.
You can find GolfDay NJ and GolfDay (for other states) on both the iTunes Store and on Google Play. You can also get more detailed information about all the GolfDay offerings by visiting golfday.us
We can’t wait to hear from you!
The slope rating of a golf course is a measure of its difficulty for bogey golfers. The term comes from the likelihood that when playing on more difficult courses, players’ scores will rise more quickly than their handicaps would predict. The “slope rating” of a course thus predicts that rise. The term was invented by the United States Golf Association.
Kudos to Wikipedia
Find the slope rating of your golf course in the GolfDay Mobile golf app.
Find out all the information on your favorite golf course before you head out to the links. The GolfDay mobile app will help you get there. Visit:
Watch this short video to learn just some of the exciting features offered in the GolfDay app.
Your game of golf just got easier.